Thursday, May 01, 2008


OOOH, Old bones get creaky with time. Went to a painting group, and was talking with an old friend who remarked that despite his efforts at reinvention, his old self still came through in his painting. We laughed and then, when I stepped back from this piece five hours later, MY old self was right there in the paint strokes. It FELT great to be painting from the model, much the same as it feels great paining en plein air, but what I saw was the old Chuck Pyle in the paint application...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger StudioRisingStar said...

I can't wait for that feeling one day.

-Brandon

5:27 PM  
Blogger chuck pyle said...

the feeling is time catching up to you and that you have a lot left to paint.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Chad Weatherford said...

seeing Chuck Pyle in the paint strokes is funny. It's hard for me to imagine if there is anything identifieably 'me' in my stuff...to anybody else. Of course I always see familiar struggles and failed expectations in my work that only I would probably recognize.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home