Saturday, March 17, 2012

figure painting beginnings

I am painting with a group of friends, and this is at the end of four hours. Painted on panel, 14 x 22. Normally, we have twelve total hours of painting, with nearly no talk, save on breaks. Funny, as I don't recall EVER having the luxury of such time back in school. It is so utterly engrossing and I almost forget to  breathe, at times. I missed last week, as I was on a deadline, so am painting to 'catch up', but not really.
I am painting because it feels so completely absorbing to do so.  The predecessor, Ms. S. standing I am not sure that I can post until I figure out the restrictions on nudes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

I would love to join your painting group... do you accept extra people into the festivities?

10:30 PM  
Blogger chuck pyle said...

Jose, I am not in charge of that decision. I will pass on your name. It is a really tiny group in a small space, at present. chuck

9:33 AM  
Blogger oliver sin said...

thanks for the great inspirations here chuck and u inspire me to paint every week!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home