Friday, October 05, 2007

To Kay and Don Baumhefner, Executive Chef and Sommelier at Della Fattoria in Petaluma, "Bon chance, and Bon Appetite!", as they move across town to open Kay's much anticipated cooking school in Petaluma! In this county, when chefs move, it is rather like changing heads of state, and when the food and wine are THIS GOOD, it is significant indeed. To my friends, Kay, and Don, I wish more of the best, and to Della's, where Erin takes over, I will savor the transition with glass held aloft in delighted expectation of more great meals. Ah! Life in Sonoma County, it is so fine indeed.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Mike Stanislavsky said...

those shapes are so awesome, can you please post some unfinished sketches if you have any?

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHA! You DO have a blog. Time for me to give you a headache. I just set up a blog myself. ;-D

"Anywho!" Nice drawing, I love it. I like your caricatures.

Also, I didn't know you were into plen'air painting. I've considered getting a start in doing so with pastels. Maybe grab some students and go up there on a Saturday? Haha.

All right, sir. See you on campus! :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger chuck pyle said...

Mike, I will, if I can find them. This was pretty straight to finish drawing...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ahed Khatib said...

I had no idea you had blog sir, glad I found it! I really dig these caricatures, they remind me a little of Bill Plympton's style.

12:01 AM  
Blogger t r i p l e eye l i d s said...

nice!! love your caricatures chuck =)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ying Chen said...

It was a surprise to find your blog! I must say I like your bush piece alot ;D See you in class!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chuck! Wow! Great! Blog's are the thing, eh? Great to see your work, I hope you keep posting.

8:23 PM  
Blogger NICOLAS P. VILLARREAL said...

Very glad I found your blog Chuck.....maybe Chuck P.I. should be here too!!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger chuck pyle said...

Yes, Nicholas, you too should post a blog, starting with the drawing of a certain Director in a fast car, even...

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck! I just found your Blog! Great stuff. Every time I think I make some headway I look at a real illustrator and realize i have a long way to go. Keep posting, you stuff is great!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home